Trained as a biomedical engineer, computational biologist and doctor.
Working as a data scientist at Open Targets, where we use machine learning and software engineering to help find new drugs, taking advantage of human genetics and other biological data.
- Computational biology
- machine learning
- sequencing pipelines (16S, NGS)
- human microbiome
- drug development
- software project management
- Python - ipython,scikit-learn, numpy, matplotlib, seaborne, pandas, lxml, NLTK, requests, sqlite3.
- R - ML view: gbm, lasso, randomforest, etc.; ggplot2, knitr, shiny.
- Web development - working knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS, D3, dc.js, crossfilter.
- Strong experience with REST APIs.
- Linux - Git, bash/zsh, sge/torque/pbs, CI(travis/wercker), vagrant, ansible.
- Cloud - AWS, Google
- Containers - docker, kubernetes, ECS
- ETL - Luigi, Airflow
- Backends - Elasticsearch, sqlite
- Familiar with agile and test-driven development. CI/CD/DevOps
Contributor to open source projects: